December 28, 2007

My handmade "Tong Yuen"

Okay, this actually is not my first attempt making 'tong yuen' but is just that I never get the chance to take picture. Okla, got a bit show off la....cause not many girls like me know how to make. LOL.....hehehehe.....ok, I'm being mean. Sorry, my bad. Hehe.....here goes the process.

This the final dough that I've been gaving massage for almost 45 minutes.
The ingredients, glutinous rice flour and warm water.

Devide the dough into half.
One half left aside and another half mix it with colour.(any colour will do)

And the dough massaging session is done. Whew....

Next, the rubbing session is about to begin.
The yellow sugar for the filling.

There, pinch a bit, rub it, poke it,
fill the yellow sugar, wrap it and rub again.

And, TADA.....rubbing session is done.

Boil, boil, boil until it floats(means is cooked, not floating means not cooked).
Scoop it out and put into a boiled sweetened pandan leaf and ginger water.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
And the FINAL result......
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
TADA !!!

YUM YUM.....
but after looking at the final result, look at this....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
...
....
.....
......
.......
........
.......
......
.....
....
...
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Hehe....I know is a bit geli. I realise it after I look back at my pictures. LOL.....but this is the bestest tools to make a good 'tong yuen' wert, traditionally. Rite ???


2 comments:

Rickydaskylinez said...

pity pity... no ones drop comment on ur hard work... anyway, dat was kewl but izzit can be in mouth....?????

Sweet-Lil-Devilish said...

Bro, apa ni having doubts in my tong yuen ??? You faster come back from UK then you'll know can masuk mouth anot. Hehe....